If you've renewed your Michigan driver's license or Michigan state I.D. in the last month, you've noticed some changes. In addition to a new look, Michigan I.D.s now feature several added security measures to help prevent fraud and tampering. New features include:
- The state's Great Seal on the front viewable under black light.
- Tricolor image of a bridge on the front that appears and disappears when viewed from different angles.
- New two-dimensional bar code on the back with encoded information available for law enforcement use, in addition to the existing magnetic stripe and one-dimensional bar code.
- Card-holder's photo and date of birth also on the back viewable under black light.
- Laser-perforated word "MICH" on it.